I had a few hours off during the day yesterday so I headed into the center of the city. I didn't have a plan of where to go or what to see, so I just hopped off the metro at a stop I hadn't explored before and spent a few hours there. I ended up coming across the St Cyril and Methodius Church, which turns out is where the paratroopers that assassinated Reinhard Heydrich hid, and ended up dying. There was a small room in front of the crypt, where they had their final fight with the Nazis, with information about the occupation of what was Czechoslovakia, and the events leading to the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich. It was very interesting and thought provoking. Definitely a good day in the city, found all sorts of things I didn't even know were there.
Kate you are such a history nerd. I Love it!! :) Glad you get to see so many amazing things.
ReplyDelete